Heller Ritz Photography
Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 1
A day without Sunshine is like, you know, night. ~Steve Martin

Welcome

Thank you for stopping by! Here, you can join me in my eternal quest for sunshine. You will find posts of my latest photography ventures, peek into the lives of my private sunshine subjects, and learn about my quest for spreading kindness Because of Heller. I would love it if you left a comment to let me know you were here, and to share your sunshine too! If you would like to follow my journey, scroll down to Spread Some Sunshine and join me.

xo Hayley

Find Me on Facebook

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join Us in Delivering Kindness

Friday, January 7, 2011

Twenty-Eleven - Ready or Not!

Twenty-eleven snuck up on me when I was totally looking the other way. I am not certain how it happened, but I think it all started with Santa. See, I was good last year. Santa knew it. He checked his list. Good/Very Good/Hayley/Photography/ Thingamajigs and Doohickeys. Santa’s list was in order. But, somewhere along the way, Santa forgot to stock the sleigh. Enter Christmas morning. “Dear Hayley”, the notes began, “here is your IOU.” Well, not exactly, but you get the idea.

Add to Santa’s slip, a New Year’s Eve bon fire turned forest fire. Where was my camera? Tucked neatly inside its bag. FAIL. No neato photos to share or remember it by. (In truth, I am thankful it was put out before I could even consider attaching my lens.) And, kudos to hubby, who is proud to say, "I was a first responder!"

Did I mention my external flash broke a few days prior to Christmas? No? Good, because I would have been lying. It wasn’t my flash at all. No, it wasn’t until I ordered, paid for, and received a brand new (though undeniably better) flash that I discovered it was my camera that was broken. Ugh. So, I entered the New Year without my doodads from Santa, and a broken camera. Happy New Year!

Before you start to get teary-eyed from my stories of woe, I am here to tell you that things are looking up. Just take a look at these baby browns.

My Baby's Browns_Tagged

I took this shot, today, with my broken camera, just before we traveled to the repair shop—yes, the repair shop—where they fixed my camera and shined it up like new. I can't wait to try it out with my new flash.

And, while we are enjoying the brown hues of this photo, I’d like to mention a new journey I will be taking with Marta Locklear, as she explores hues and textures in a 52 week project. This week's hue is brown. Check it out.

Finally, I want to share some exciting news. Lola is here! Santa delivered on one of his IOUs! My beautiful camera bag just arrived and she is as marvelous as I knew she would be. Take a look.

Meet Lola

I Love Lola

We're ready--Lola, sparkly camera, more amazing Santa gifts, and me--to take on Twenty-eleven. Great things await us. I hope you will join me.

1 comment:

Rikki said...

Ooooh, you got your Lola - YAY!! Can't wait to see what you, Lola and your sparkly camera get up to in 2011 ♥