Heller Ritz Photography
Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 1
A day without Sunshine is like, you know, night. ~Steve Martin

Welcome

Thank you for stopping by! Here, you can join me in my eternal quest for sunshine. You will find posts of my latest photography ventures, peek into the lives of my private sunshine subjects, and learn about my quest for spreading kindness Because of Heller. I would love it if you left a comment to let me know you were here, and to share your sunshine too! If you would like to follow my journey, scroll down to Spread Some Sunshine and join me.

xo Hayley

Find Me on Facebook

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join Us in Delivering Kindness

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Meet More Feet

The sport is timeless, but I must admit that when I think of bowling, I think of the fifties and sixties...hence the processing.

Bowling Feet_Jenny 60s

Bowling Feet_Nicholas 60s_Tagged


Did you know...

  • Over 100 million people in more than 90 countries practice the game of bowling, making it one of the most popular and universally loved forms of recreation on the planet.
  • The history of bowling can be traced back to the Stone Age.
  • The first written mention of the game was made by the King Edward III in the year 1366. In this reference, he allegedly imposed a ban on playing this game among his troops because it was distracting the troops from archery practice.
  • In America, the very first mention of the word “bowling” is found in the book Rip Van Winkle, a famous story by Washington Irving, who gets woken up by the sound of "crashing ninepins" that was published during 1812.

Neither did I.

But, after enjoying an exciting game of bowling with friends and family this evening, I decided to check out some facts.

No matter how hard I searched, however, I could not find the answer to the question we all want to know:

Who invented these sexy shoes? Oh yes...and why?

No comments: