Heller Ritz Photography
Slideshow Image 2 Slideshow Image 3 Slideshow Image 4 Slideshow Image 5 Slideshow Image 6 Slideshow Image 7 Slideshow Image 1
A day without Sunshine is like, you know, night. ~Steve Martin

Welcome

Thank you for stopping by! Here, you can join me in my eternal quest for sunshine. You will find posts of my latest photography ventures, peek into the lives of my private sunshine subjects, and learn about my quest for spreading kindness Because of Heller. I would love it if you left a comment to let me know you were here, and to share your sunshine too! If you would like to follow my journey, scroll down to Spread Some Sunshine and join me.

xo Hayley

Find Me on Facebook

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Join Us in Delivering Kindness

Friday, December 10, 2010

On the FIRST day of Christmas

First Day of Christmas_HRP 2010

Dear Lord,

I was making my list the other day. You know the one. I like to call it my “Yule Log.” It reminds me of all of those things that I must do in order to prepare for the approaching holiday season. There is the decorating, the shopping, the cooking, the cleaning, parties, and even the yearly visit to Santa Claus.

Every activity had a time and a place. Everything was scheduled perfectly. And, I was significantly proud that I would be able to accomplish it all before the clock struck midnight on the last day of the year.

As I reread my list, Lord, I found something missing. Not only were YOU not at the top of my list, but YOU weren’t on the list at all! I was so wrapped up in paper, tape, and ribbon, that I forgot the most important gift of all—the One whose birthday we are celebrating. I was so tangled up in buying lights and decorations, I forgot the Light of the World.

Remind us, Lord, when making our lists this season, to place YOU at the top, to prepare our hearts for YOU, and to visit YOU first.

You, Lord, are the meaning of Christmas.

No comments: